FunBE (Functional Breathing and Education) is a holistic breathing and orofacial myology (aka orofacial myofunctional therapy) practice.
We help clients restore their basic functions of life such as breathing, resting, sleeping, talking, chewing, and swallowing.
Proper function of the muscles of face, head and neck includes functional nasal breathing, tongue resting passively on the roof of the mouth, lips sealed at rest in a relaxed way, teeth lightly apart, chewing on both sides of the jaw with lips together and swallowing without the tongue pushing against the teeth (tongue thrust).
• Eliminate of mouth breathing
• Establish functional nasal breathing
• Improve sleep quality
• Decrease snoring and sleep apnea
• Decrease sensitivity to air-borne allergens
• Improve endurance and control of your breathing during physical activity
using the following modalities:
• Breathing re-education with Capnometry
• Integrative Breathing Therapy (IBT)
• Buteyko breathing re-education
• Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy
OMT is a set of special mouth exercises and tools that help improve and restore correct function in the muscles of the face, head and neck.
Treatments vary on individual client's needs and include:
• Facilitating functional release of tongue, lip and buccal ties
• Oral habit elimination: thumb sucking, finger sucking,
trichotillomania and other poor oral habits
• Eliminate tongue thrust
• Establish healthy oral resting posture, chewing and swallowing
• Improve function of your jaw joint (TMJ or temporomandibular joint)
When correct function of breathing and orofacial muscles in distorted it can create symptoms such as nasal congestion, dry mouth, dry lips, enlarged tonsils and adenoids, environmental and seasonal allergies, asthma, frequent colds, ear aches, trouble clearing the ears, clenching and grinding of the teeth, TMD, ringing in the ears, sleep disordered breathing, snoring, sleep apnea, headaches, facial pain, head and neck tension, poor circulation, misaligned teeth and jaws, anterior open bite, high narrow palate, crowded teeth, drooling, gas and bloating, acid reflux, poor digestion and many more others. We help our clients address these symptoms using research based exercises, tools and remedies to restore healthy function of the nasal and upper airway, stimulate reflexive nasal breathing, achieve proper and balanced function of the muscles of the tongue, lips, cheeks, jaw, head and neck.
Sign up to hear from us about events and specials.